The three souls
On the day of their birth Hmong receive three souls.
The first remains after the death,
The second goes to the world above,
And the third is being reincarnated.
I've long hesitated before posting these photos. I don't know how it is in the Uk or in the US, but sometimes here people who are showing too often their faces on their own blog are not well thought of. Anyway... I wanted so much to make a series on Hmong shamanism and I hadn't any model available... I wanted to share this amazing boutique Prisme of Threads* where I bought the incredible headdress for upcoming photo-shoot. Because, here, at pagan poetry's we are already thinking and working on the 2012 summer and winter collection, but I won't say too much on that...
And here are some images that inspired me:
1. Akha tribe from a handpainted color manuscript, 1900 - Tribes of Burma from Southeast Asian Digital Library
2. Akh headdresses hammered silver, beads, coins, hair, pigment fiber via tribalartasia.com
3. at the market - At Bac Ha sunday market, hand embroidered skirts of the Flower Hmong, a hill tribe of Northern Vietnam - photo © Nurit.ar via http://www.flickr.com/photos/nurit_ar
4. Two silver earrings pairs, two children’s headdresses, and two adult headdresses via tribalartasia.com
5. Hmong Ban Long Lao (May. 2011) - photo © + H i n z via http://www.flickr.com/photos/hinzzz/
* Tracy, the lovely girl beahind Prisme of Threads has an amazing blog, filled with inspirational images, you must read it! HERE